Marketing is about quickly gaining the trust of your potential customers so that they will become paying customers. It is also the perception that your company and product are trustworthy, dependable, and reliable. Having a solid online presence is an important part of gaining your potential customer’s trust. That’s search engine optimization, or SEO. There are many free SEO tools that can improve your business’ online presence.
Google, Bing, Yahoo, amongst many other search engines, will rank your site according to what is included in their different business listings. The more information you give them, the better your SEO website ranking within their search engines.
Our article, Listing Your Business – Where’s Your GOAT?, discusses the importance of listing your business with the top search engines. But that’s only the beginning. Have a product to sell? You can list your product with the search engines so that it’s easily found, and… BOOM! You now sold your GOAT!
Free SEO Tools
To get you started on your SEO journey, we have listed some of the many tools each of the main search engines have available in order to optimize your business’ online search. Each of these tools should be part of your SEO armada in order to keep your business present online and beyond:
At 1.6 billion users, or about 70% of all online searches, Google is the clear choice for SEO. Google also has many free SEO tools to help small businesses grow within their startup tools:
- Google My Business – list your business in Google’s directory
- Retail Solutions – list your product
- Google Trends – Google’s competitive research
- Grow With Google – small business training
- Google Domains – website Domain & Hosting
- Startup with Google – startup information
- Small Thanks with Google – promote your business with personalized marketing materials
- Google Webmasters – website monitoring with Google Search Console and more
- Test My Site – mobile website speed test
- Google Analytics – analyze website traffic and much more
- G-Suite – includes Gmail, Hangouts, spreadsheet, document, and other tools
At 400 million users, or about > 10% of the total online searches, Microsoft’s Bing is an important part of your SEO strategy. Bing and Microsoft also follow with free SEO tools to help small businesses and startups:
- Bing Places – list your business in Bing’s directory
- Manufacturer Center – list your product with Bing
- Microsoft Stores – Microsoft hosts many events for small business training. You can even get an individual business tools consultation, which now included LinkedIn Business Solutions
- Bing Webmaster – website monitoring tools
- Mobile Test – mobile website speed test
- Bing Analytics – website analytics
- MS Office Tools – Microsoft business tools like Excel, Word, and Powerpoint. New tools include Teams and Azure. Contact one of the stores for free demos, training, and consultations
Yahoo Small Business
Even with all of Yahoo’s recent internal issues and partial sales other companies, they are still a leader in online search. Yahoo has about 300 million users, or about <8% of all online searches. Most of their business services are still available as free SEO tools. However, Yahoo has shut down most of its web resources and opted to replace it with a one stop shop for business listing. For a small monthly fee, you can list your business through them at over 60 online directories:
- Local – list your business with Yahoo and 60+ other business directories. NOT FREE, but it’s very affordable depending on your budget and time availability
- Stores – listing your product with Yahoo
- Local Competitive Research – Yahoo’s Local tools include competitive research for additional fees
- Websites – website domain and hosting – free for the first month, paid thereafter
- Advisor – business advice and training
- Analytics – Discontinued on 2016. Yahoo suggests to using Bing Analytics
Many SEO marketing companies can help you and your business manage your SEO strategy. Other companies such as Moz can help you keep an eye on all your business online listings and ensure that they are up to date. Services like Moz are also perfect for companies that are either international or have multiple locations.
Your GOAT needs and should be known. The more places it’s listed, the more likely that someone around the world or your region will find you. So, list your GOAT far and wide. Take advantage of all the free SEO tools on the web. It will get you the customers you want.
Don’t have a Digital Marketing Strategy? Let us help you:
If you have a goat or just about anything to sell but don’t have the time to establish a solid Digital Marketing plan, let Key Paragon help you. We are a Marketing Solutions and Advisory firm. We partner with our clients to address their most important marketing challenges, whether it be branding, strategy, process automation, social media, analytics, or marketing technology. Happy GOAT marketing!
Contact us today and we will build you the Greatest of All Time Digital Marketing Strategy!
Want to know more about How to Market Your Goat? Take a look at our other blogs here.
Erika is a data and targeting expert. She has developed many segment analysis processes and target populations in order to support business initiatives. Her passion in chaos theory and fractal analysis helps her view data in a very unique way.
Erika enjoys also reading about the future of work and how we can bring it closer to the present. “How we work today will be so different in 10/20 years from now. It’s exciting to see what will happen given all the economic, human, and technical evolution we are currently experiencing.”
…and Han shot first…